Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Miracles do continue!

Well, things have been a little tough around here in Xochitenco, but we're still going. I read a quote by President Henry B. Eyring “So, the great test of life is to see whether we will hearken to and obey God’s commands in the midst of the storms of life. It is not to endure storms, but to choose the right while they rage. And the tragedy of life is to fail in that test and so fail to qualify to return in glory to our heavenly home. Everything that we go through in life is for a reason. We are really having some tough challenges here in this ward, but it is simply another test that the lord lets us have to help us learn to stay faithful during times of trial. I don't want to sound like I am perfect, because I got pretty frustrated yesterday, but God really does continue to bless us; in big ways, just as often as small. So a recent convert that has not been able to come to church in a long time came to chruch on sunday. Her daughter Esmeralda was giving a talk, but they didn't come alone. They brought her other daughter Jazmin and her husband Alfredo (both nonmembers) they want to be better. They have had some tough trials and now want to talk to the missionaries! we have an appointment on thursday in the night, and I am super stoked about it! The talks were so great and I feel that through the youth that spoke, God also had a special message for me!
So, we found Rafael, and we gave him a book of mormon. He's really straight-forward with us, and told us that it would take him some time, but he was going to start reading it and then he was going to let us know what he thought!
we can do more! I think that is something that everyone, ESPECIALLY ME, can apply. We can do more because the Lord has promised us that through him, and by our faith, that we "will have the power to do all things according to the will of the lord". This is a church of progress. I love it! I love the challenges (probably jinxing myself with this)! I love to work in the lord's vineyard! I love the lord! I would like to invite/ ask you all to include our investigators in your prayers. we leave cards with our investigators names on them and I would like to leave their names with you all as well! Rafael Luna, Dalila, Jazmin, and Alfredo. I know that there really is power in prayer! 
I hope you all have a great week! Love ya lots!
Elder Norr
this is our area, it's kinda small huh?
this is my awesome comp Elder Clarke!
Us hanging at a member house to drop of clothes! (she always gives us juice boxes)
 We found and made Mac N Cheese! Wasn't really worth it.... haha
 The old Juan Escutia Crew at the mission conference!
 Eating tortas de Tomal (tomale sub) with members on P-day! So delicious! We need tomales in the states!
 Just chilling here eating a big piece of deep fried big skin!
This is pan de muerto (bread of the dead) it is only made for a couple weeks of the year to commemorate the day of the dead (november 1st and 2nd) and it is delicious!
I think that's all the photos for this week... It won't send anymore. I will have to send the deep fried pig skin picture next week! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment