Monday, July 21, 2014

Sick Week

Ok, well this week was going pretty sweet up until I decided to get sick... We were just gettin down to work just helpin people learn about the gospel with lots of appointments and everything prepared and I was ready to find some new investigators. We ate with an INCREDIBLE sister who made us some rockin' mole and we were just having a great day; I really don't know what happened, but it just tanked and I ended up getting sick for a couple of days so that kinda stopped us up a bit, but we are going to hit it hard this week!
Other than that, I had a talk in church, but I was sick for long enough that I never really found the time to take the time necessary to prepare it... I was just sitting there in sacrament meeting with an idea just praying that God would let me share a short message with a simple spirit that would touch the hearts of the people. I got up there, and I talked about a talk from the last general conference called "your four minutes" by Bishop Gary B. Stevenson. This talk really gets to me because it talks abotu olympic skeleton racing where all the years of training and preparation are going to add up to 4 runs of less than 1 minute! It makes the comparison to life and how short it is try to win eternal like with god and with our family. I can't explain too much because then you wouldn't have to read it.... THEREFORE..... READ IT!  It's on page 84 of the ensign if it makes it easier. The talk turned out good and I hope they give me another chance to talk in a couple weeks when I am feeling better! :)
Not much to say this week, but this next week? WHOO! You better believe it! It's GONNA BE GREAT!!!!!!!
I guess I'll just leave you guys with my testimony then:
I really do know without a doubt in my mind that this church is true, The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that it is the only true church of God on the entire face of this lovely earth! I know that the book of Mormon is true and that by reading it, we will grow closer to God and become more familiar with the spirit day by day! I know that God lets us have trials so that we may learn to CHOOSE to want to do what is right! I know that only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and temple ordinances that we can be with our families forever! I love you all!( That too I testify to be true :)
Have a great week!
Love Elder Norr

No comments:

Post a Comment