Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Blamin it on the parents... and I can't believe the members...

ok, so this week has been really different... We went to the doctor first off and went to the temple at like 9 in the morning. we get there, and they can't print my blood test results.... NO! We were at the temple til like 1:30... We then went back to our area (hour and 45 minutes) and ate. We then went back to where we did the blood tests and went to the temple... again. First off, I LOVE THE TEMPLE! It is truly a house of the Lord and there is no feeling like being on the temple grounds! We go to the doctor again and she pulls thw sheets out for my blood: What she said...
...."normal"....
...."normal"....
...."normal"....
...."normal"....
...."normal"....
...."normal"....
...."normal"....
...."normal"....
Now we move onto the brain scans...
...."normal"........"normal...."normal"........"normal"........"normal"........"normal"....
"well, elder, you are 100% healthy...physically... But you have a problem with stress. You don't know how to relax and destress. That's why your body is having so many problems." Great! Apparently I don't handle stress too well... I wonder who i got that from?haha 
This week I have to go the the "pscycho"logist to get some help learning how to relax and express myself so that I don't explode or have more problems. All i can say, is that I'm blamin is on the parents.... haha

So, this week I am officially manding people to the Goma. That means that I do my best but when the leaders begin to chew me out for not doing everything, yep, that doesn't stay there. I realized that I have always been so focused on what the leaders yelled at me for not doing that I have overstressed and overstrained my body, and now I have to pay the price.... I have officially changed my point of few a bit and now whatever happens happens and I look to God to help me do more than what I can do on my own.

Ok, so the other thing before explaining the really spiritual stuff... I'm sick today.... Of the 1300 pésos that we recieve each month, we have to spend like 750 pesos each on transportation... Needless to say, this months we ran out.... a week and a half ago. I have never had this problem before.... So last night, I at a piece of bread with some lime tea to help me relax while listening to Enya. That's right, I was living it chill. I finished my bread and tea and was still dying from hunger. I remembered that like 2 or 3 weeks ago some members gave us some bags of multigrain cereal. I grabbed my milk (that is not milk) and had myself about half a bowl. it tasted so bad that I had to stop eating it about half way. I wake up in the middle of the night "having to use the bathroom" and another 5 or 6 times in the next couple hours... The last time I was in the bathroom, the other missionaries asked me what I had eaten. I told them and they grabbed the bag. "expires January of 2014....."  Oh crap... That probably explains why.... So today I have lived with the family that talked to you guys on mother's day. I have slept a ton, and at one point, they turned on the TV and handed me the remote. Whoa! Lord of the Rings Moment! That wsa way too much pwoer for me! I just decided to turn off the tv after a minute or two and sleep. But today has been pretty good, just that I can't eat for another hour.... I am starving!!!!!!!

So, another part of my stress problems is my "diet". Yep, officially following the word of wisdom to a tee. I am now no longer allowed to drink soda, eat red meat, potatoes, broccoli, Coliflour, chocolate, fried pig skin called chichoron, fat, and french fries or anything else fried.... Yep, just fruits, veggies, white meats, jello, and red meat really sparingly... Yep, life is going to be good.

ok, so this week we had some awesome spiritual experiences.
First, we went with Jorge, Carolina, and Jacobo. We taught the restoration and explained a little bit about the book of Mormon. We asked jacobo to offer the final prayer and to ask God 3 questions: The book of mormon is true? Joseph Smith is a true prophet? and The church is true?. We told them we were going to wait a second after the prayer to see how we felt. We finished, and everyone opened their eyes.... except jorge... HE stayed there, on his knees, kind of moving back and forth. I said ok, and he didn't open his eyes. My comp and I looked at each other and then Elder Cuscagua says "jorge"... Nothing.... Again..."jorge"... This time like 5 seconds after, he responded "que?" (what?) we asked him to open his eyes. he opened his eyes and we asked him how he felt. He said that he was filled with peace and tranquilidad. (we just happened to talk about "how to recognize the spirit" in gospel principles) and we asked him if that would be an answer to his quiestions. He said yes!!!!! He promised to start reading the book of mormon! These people are chosen!

Ok, the other was with Daniel, the guy who struggles with depression. We taught the book of mormon and at the end of the lesson, we asked him if he had a question or doubt. He replied "for you guys? no. If I have any questions I will talk to God and see what he tells me. Ok, hay anything else? "nope, all the answers I need are right here (lifting up the book of mormon). My jaw (and my companions) dropped. This man is truly prepared by God to recieve this Gospel in his life.

I truly know that this church is true! And that i, in this time, have been chosen to be a representative of Christ! I love this work, and I know I am here to learn what God wants me to. Yes, that includes learning how to relax. I know that the things that I teach everyday are true and I stay here because I know that there are still people that need me!

I love you all. Don't eat expired food, it does damage. Take care of yourselves this week!

Love Elder Norr

No comments:

Post a Comment