Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Another crazy week!

Well how are you all doing? I hope you guys are all doing good because this week has been a crazy one! So let's start off with tuesday; so we get a call from the secretaries and we have to go to polanco (one of teh wealthies areas in the city). I thought "ok, if we "have" to go haha so we got up early and we set off for polanco. My son, Elder Cuscagua finally got to experience the metro haha there were literally people shoving people in and pretty much crushing people against the walls of the train to get in. I literally couldn't take deep breaths there were so many people haha but we get there and all the elders went in for there visas, but I had to stay out with Elder Smith who came with his comp. What do two missionaries do in the richest area in Mexico City do when they don't have anything to do? They go to teh ferrari-maserati dealership around the corner to look at awesome cars! It was pretty awesome and then we went to a jewish store that sells a lot of american candy and stuff. I bought some bit-o-honeys! WHOO!
After all this we go back and then my comp finishes and we get on a bus taht is going to take us to the metro... well that's what we thought... The bus parks and the driver tells us to get out... Umm. dude, I gave you 10 pesos to get us to the metro... He tells us that the metro is completely in the other direction and that we need to take another bus that will leave in about 15 minutes... Lame. It was soo hot too! We finally get back to teh offices to get our backpacks and head back when the secretary tells us we can't leave or he'll be alone. He calls the elders that are still in Polanco and they say they won't be back for another 3 HOURS!!!!!....... So we were pretty much in the offices reading the conference ensign and stuff til they got back, but it was pretty chill :)
Wednesday: We are already awake, are eating breakfast, and studying when I get a call. The assistants... Hey you guys have to come to "los reyes" to the zone conference because you guys missed it yesterday... So we throw on the suits and head for the stake center in "los reyes" which is about an hour away in the hot, muggy metro... The good news, president is such an incredible man! He truly does talk with such a strong spirit and wants us to be better. He really does help me get excited about missionary work. I am going to miss him when he leaves in 3 weeks....
Thursday we had weekly planning and that was pretty fun!
Friday was the only day we actually worked all day and that felt pretty cool :)
satuday..................... DANIEL'S BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
So, Daniel has been incredible! He has changed so much and i can see the love that he has for God and also the Love God has for him! He loves the book of mormon and he is the baptism I have waited all my mission to teach! his buddy from the ward baptized him (gerardo). but when he came out of the water he was smiling one of those huge smiles that you see in the grinch movies! He was so happy and when he shared his feelings after the baptism he said "they say that when you come out of the water, you feel different... and it's true!" I literally almost cried in this baptism! he is such a great man and I know that he will be an awesome convert!
Oh, and the investigators that you guys saw in teh pictures last week are going to get baptized in 2 weeks and are progressing so well! they like the bible so we are to look for lots of stuff from the bible now too (kinda harder for me), but they are so great too!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Just letting you guys know.. I got TWO wonderful sons in the mission and I feel so blessed that the one that I am not with now called me up last night at like 10 to wish me happy father's day! :) That made me feel pretty good.
I am so grateful for the father that I have in my life and the incredible example he has always been for me; not just in the world stuff, but also in his dedication to serve God and magnify his calling. I have never seen my dad raise his voice and he has always helped me to understand the "why" of things and has always been there to love and support me (of course with my mom too). I love my parents lots and I thank them for giving me the example.
Families can be together forever through priesthodd ordinances! I know that I want to be with my family someday forever and I want the families here in mexico to be there too because I think you would all get along just GREAT! ;) Hope everything is going well and know that I am doing better. One step at a time. My comp shared a great example with me this week. In our lives we walk our path by sight and light, but then sometimes we come to a part where there is a giant dark hole in front of us. That is when we have to jump with faith in god that somewhere in the darkness we will find the path again. Sometimes we are going to have to fall for a bit, but if we jump with faith, God will support us in our trials!
Love ya lots! Be great! Go To church! Say your prayers! Read your scriptures! and Don't eat weird stuff, because it does damage! haha
Love Elder Norr
here is daniel's baptism! It was so awesome!


So we went to Tacos el "pecador" this week because they have some of the best tacos in all of Mexico City! It's like 10 blocks from my house! It is absolutely delicious and comes with my own bag of super spicy green salsa!

 My comp's chair just split in half this morning while he was eating his breakfast!
 I have decided that buying groceries in mexico is SO CHEAP! All of this food for the week cost me about 14 dollars!!!!!! LOVIN IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment