Wednesday, January 7, 2015

No, I didn't die...‏

Ok, so first off, the good news. I didn't die. We were just running around all day yesterday and I didn't have time to write at all. I am still alive, apparently I am taller than before, and I am still loving the mission! 
Well, we have had an interesting 8 days since the last time i talked with you guys. Here's a quick rundown.
1: Well, They gave us the tangled chinese fire floating lanterns for the new years. So we went out on the 31 at night and there wasn't much wind so we lit it up and took some pictures while it was fillinjg up. I lifted it up and gave it a light push, and off the roof it went, and then started to fall down on a group of guys drinking a couple houses down. We hid with our eyes barely over the wall as this lantern literally got like 5 fit about the drunk guys, and then it got some air and went. it hadn't really gotten very high, or very far.... when we saw it all of a sudden disappear behind a tall building and not return (while it was still burning.....) The good news is that we don't think anything bad happened!
2: our landlady is a member and she invited us down for some atole and rosca. But then told me she had a present for me. She told me it was food, but told me i couldn't see it (suspicious) So i closed my eyes while she and my companion put some small, crunchy, salty think in my mouth, 4 syllables DRIED-GRASS-HO-PPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like just eating the popcorn kernal that gets stuck in between your teeth.... didn't like it!
3: we went back to my first area to visit!!!!!! It was weird to see the familia solano-rivera! They are good and they have still been going to church! YAY!!!!!!!!
4: last thing cause I am out of time! This little girl got up (she has a little bit of autism) to share her testimony in sacrament meeting. She is like 12 or 13, but she starts off "a couple days ago I asked myself "why would God forgive us?" She then went into one of the sweetest stories about repentence that she learned from her parents. She then says "if we don't truly repent..... welllllllll, that would be lying to God, and playing with him,and weeeeeee would beeee, welllllllll Hypocrits!" and then she went on to share a testimony that literally made almost all of us in the congregation water up! It was such a sweet innocent spirit! I loved it!!!

Well, I think that's it. I gotta go to work. I love the gospel, and the church. The opportunities ew recieve to be able to become better people! I learned something very special about the plan of salvation this week. It isn't a plan of set, definite steps that are going to happen, but rather a plan of perfect probabilities according to the decisions that we make, and those probabilities will always have steps that will redirect us to the path that God has prepared for us to be able to return to his presence IF WE CHOOSE THEM!. That path is the gospel! So Good luck with your goals for this year, and remember that God doesn't have plans for his children to fail. Strive to be better, and pray for his help! He will give it to you! 

Love you guys!!!!
Elder Norr










No comments:

Post a Comment