Wednesday, January 21, 2015

first things first‏

Ok, well this week I am going to write the big email first so that no one feels like I have forgotten about them! :) This last week, well.... last 3 weeks. Have been good, but things have been goin down. So, first things first, the familia orihuela didn't get baptized, and they won't be getting baptized... :/ They passed their interview TWICE, and they were super ready, but when we went to see them the next day (thursday) the mom said that she had talked to her family and that she would not be getting baptized nor did she want to... ok. The dad said the same. He talked to his mom and she told him not to do it; that family is very special and they will be baptized, but just not right now. The Lord has a time for each of us. I felt the spiritual confirmation that it wasn't their time and we have had more time to work and find other people which has been really nice!

 No, I haven't been sick, but right now my stomach is a little wrecked. Not sure what we ate, but i'll get over it, just gotta keep drinking water. Ummmm, what else. OH YEAH! Our investiator Jorge is soooooo getting ready for baptism on the 7th of February! He has already asked for prayer cards and has given them to all of his family members and grandkids!!! AWESOME!!!!! Also, we went and did "fat burning" with a family from the ward last monday (I guess it is kinda like zumba, but it's not dancing) and my companion and I about died!.... haha I couldn't do any of the push up stuff because of my shoulders, but it was still fun, we had planned to teach a lesson with the family's daughter who isn't a member afterwards, but she told us "tomorrow would be better." so we taught her on tuesday! Her name is Jenni, and she is super cool! She is 16 and her whole family are converts from the last 2 years! She is reading the book of mormon and has a date for the 31st of January!!!!! 

I don't really know what to write about this week. My "writer's flow" isn't really flowing today, but I just love this gospel. I am learning more about my weaknesses everyday, one of which is being overly self-critical. This week I had a really rough experience, and I just wasnt' feeling very good. I decided the next day I would focus my study on love. I found an incredible scripture in the bible, Romans 8:35-39. It says (i'm translating by thought) "What can separate us from the love of God? Tribulation, hunger, problems, feelings?....." and then in 39 is ends saying "nothing can separate us from the love that God has for us".

I love this scripture, and I would like to end this week with my testimony. The love of God is infinite, and it allows us to become better than what we may think we are. It is like a bottomless pit. If we are willing to throw in our rotten feelings and actions, they will be swallowed, and not returned. Christ loved us so much that he offered himself as sacrifice for OUR sins, our problems, OUR weaknesses. I know that God loves his children (US!) I know that if we let that love guide our lives, we will feel and know of that love and it will motivate us to be more christlike and obedient. Let the love of God fill your lives, and my every action show that we are grateful, and willing to show that love to others! This is my testimony! I hope you all have a great weeek! I) love you all! In the name of my lord and savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Norr!
Stay strong! When we stop fighting, we stop winning!








just letting you know! I have officilly eaten grasshoppers!!!!! They have the popcorn kernal texture, just like think, flaky, and unbreakable..... didn't reallly like it..... haha




Our ward, and the ones that have us hoolding the little white things are little plastic babies that were cooked into bread and we just happened to get them in our slice!


This super sweet orange hot rod truck that we found in our area!!!!!!
Elder Chico and I on divisions! 
I don't remember what other one I put!


This is us eating at the bishops hamburger restaurant, puesto place! They are delicious!, and huge! he has one called the lamanite and it is a half-pound burger with and giant argentine sausage on it and everthing else! And in the last one, that orange thing in my hand is a mandarin orange! Yeah, believe it! It was literally almost the size of my head! I had to pay 2 pesos for it though...


ummm, this is my skinny lady friend ;) 
These aer some piñatas from a lady in our ward!








No comments:

Post a Comment