Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hump Day...Good News! Didn't Die!

Hello there everyone! These last couple weeks have been a little different than normal... As you have probably all heard, I did get salmonella, then a seriously nasty UTI, and we were pretty much in the hospital and then our house this week... The Good news! I didn't DIE! The bad news: I have a year in the mission! I'm not ready yet! I still feel like I am just starting and learning... For those who didn't know, God has blessed me with an incredible mission president that did call my parents and let them know how I was doing and he with my companion and God (God is really the first and most important) have been taking great care of me!
This week we didn't get all that much done. We were out in the street very little and were in our house reading very much. I have truly grown to love elder Harper. Everyone seems to want a profile of my companion so here it comes:
Name: Elder Scott Harper
Age: 19 years old
From: Rexburg, Idaho
Likes: Lord of the rings, foam sword fighting and designing, movie theme music, karate (he's a black belt), drawing, music (he was in the marching band 9 years and plays the clarinet).
Other fun facts: he is the oldest of 8 children, he knows a lot about the gospel, He has a great testimony, we speak with weird accents in the house, he's an eagle scout and a very avid scouter, and lastly.... He has become my brother! I love this kid to death and he has helped me with so many things in the time we have been together. Yes. Pictures will be included in this email!
other than that not too much has been going on, but this week is giong to be different! More than anything, I am learning to take care of myself and just do my best so that God can do the rest!
I know that this church is true and that God has a special plan for each and every one of us that is perfect so that we may someday return to live with him and our families forever! I know that God has called prophet in our day named Thomas S. Monson and I know that by listening to him and other inspired church leaders we may find peace in this every worsening world. I know that the book of mormon is true and that it contains the truths of the gospel, and last of all, I know that God gives us trials so that we may learn and become better!
I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that I love ya all lots!
Love Elder Norr
P.S. I am very grateful for the prayers and blessings that have been sent my way! may god bless each and every one of you!
ok, so I will try to describe these!
First, Elder Huizar (missionary in our district) giving my companion elder harper a shoulder massage. (those are very common in our mission)
I think it's my bed
Elder Harper and I hittin up some selfies on p'day
and my nasty neard (neck beard) that's what happens now when I don't shave for 5 days of being sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment