Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Wake up call.... Surprise!

So there we were! Lounging around on a calm monday morning; cinamon french toast was cooking in the kitchen with the warm smell of summer and food filling our home. Imagine it! There I was. Lounging on my bed, calm music playing, hot delicious french toast on the plate, and then... President calls! YES! I love our little chats! And this is what then came to pass...
President: Bueno.
Me: Bueno Presidente!
President: hey elder norr! How ya doin buddy?
Me: (thinking he just wanted to see how I was feeling after being sick) I'm feeling great president! What's up?
President: Well, a lot of stuff is up.... are you ready? I have news....
me: (freak, gut drop) Ummm... sure...
President: ok, take a deep breath.
me: OK.....
President: As of right now, you are the district leader in your area... Is that ok?
me: ummmm...... (freak)... yeah that's fine.... 
So, after a short series of rather unfortunate events, Elder Kelshaw has been transfered to go help another district that has been having some problems and I have recieved the calling to serve as the district leader here in Xochitenco (sochi-tank-o). I am honestly so nervous, but I have really in these last few weeks been prepared by the Lord. I am normally a guy that likes to be in charge of stuff, but especially after being sick, I have come to the conclusion that "Everything is part of the perfect plan made by our perfect father in heaven. He doesn't make mistakes. He knows exactly what is going to happen and we just have to be wiling to accept it with faith and diligence"
I'm not going to lie, this is a little different for me, but it's a new adventure, and for those of you who know Elder Nathan Bill Norr, he's definitely down for a new adventure! I just love this work and the joy and peace that it brings! Now for my health...
I have been feeling pretty good. I am trying to do a little bit of exercise in the mornings, but I find that my body after walking all day still doesn't want to get up at exactly 6:30, but we're doing our best. I have started taking my vitamins that should help me have more energy and help keep me well nourished. I am weighing about 133 right now, but I'm on my way back up! If you ask my companion elder harper, I have been eating us out of house and home! For example, one day I at 5 pancakes with banana and strawberry jam inbetween, with a cut-up apple, a glass of juice, and then a bowl of cereal... The next day I ate a 3-egg ham omlet on a sanwhich with a cut-up apple, banana, cup of juice, and a small sandwhich about an hour later. So, I am eating, but my body is still trying to get used to the fact that I no longer have a diet haha, but we're gettin there!
NEWS FLASH!!!! I officially have a YEAR!!!!!! I feel SO WEIRD!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT! So, I wrote a letter.... in the mtc.... to be read when I completed a year.... I was honestly afraid to open it. I finally read it on sunday, and I found that I am actually doing pretty good with the type of missionary I want to be. I'm not perfect, far from it, but I'm slowly getting there. Here's the weird part! I wrote part 2! It was the weirdest thing I have ever written because all of it was how I should be at THE END  of my mission... I sealed that in a letter and it has been thrown into the luggage...
I really don't know how the time has went soo quickly... All I want to do is be healthy in the service of the lord, so that I can truly serve with my heart might mind, and strength! I truly do love this gospel, and I pray for heavenly help this week as I try to invite others that they too may make a place for it in their homes and hearts. I love Jesus! I love our father in heaven, and know that he has a plan for each and every one of us. Let's not get mad, or upset because things happen, better, let us be GRATEFUL IN OUR CIRCUMSTANCES (Elder Utchdorf in this last conference) I truly do love you all and I pray that you guys are doing well! I hope you all have an incredible week, and we will see if I am dead or stronger on the other end of this next week! Have a lovely week!
Elder Norr

No comments:

Post a Comment