Wednesday, April 2, 2014

People are ignorant....

Wow, otra semana ya se fue!!!!!
I really can't believe that we are starting week 5 of this transfer! I am going to be really sad if Elder Toxqui or I have transfers this next cycle... So, I appreciate the letters that you guys send me! I'm not going to lie, I will always love all of you, but I honestly feel like p-day just slows us down some time... Sometimes, I wish we would have p-day every 2 weeks because after each p-day, we have to get back into the groove for the week, and then BOOM... P-day otra vez!!! I was asleep on my bed today and the alarm went off at 3 to tell us it was time to come write. I literally didn't want to move... We try to work so hard everyday so that the Lord can put us in the paths of others to help them find the restored Gospel, and honestly, this week has been a tough one...
So, this week we had a zone conference with our president, President Morales, and lots of issues were addressed that Elder Toxqui and I needed to improve our teaching and contacting. President Morales asks that we teach 9 lessons a day, do 15 contacts, have 2 new investigators, and a guided visit of the chapel each day! It's not always easy to meet all of those standards. We got back, and I was ready to work. President also told us that when we do contacts, we need to identify ourselves as Representatives of Jesus Christ. That is something that I think at times, we don't understand the importance and power of that. So we got to contacting. We starting contacting people in the street. One lady: "hola, nosotros somos... (english sorry) Hey, we're representatives of Jesus Christ, I'm Elder... and I'm elder... , but who do we have the pleasure of meeting?
her: oh, i'm .....
us:Ok great, we share  message of christ, and how we can apply his gospel to our lives and also to our families to help us someday be able to return to his presence as eternal families......
her:Ok, well that sounds great, but i'm really busy.....
us: ok that's fine, when can we pass by?... 
her: I don't know... I work a lot..
us: ok, sister, lots of people don't understand who we are. We are representatives of christ sent here at this time to help you be able to return to the presence of God....
Her: That's fine, but i just really don't have time to listen to this message.
Us. You don't want to hear the message that God sent to you? or you don't want to listen to us
Her: I don't want to listen to you, but I don't want to hear the message either.....
Us: ok then, we can't do anything to help you then... Have a nice day.
It is so frustrating because I know that people understand what we are saying, but they aren't willing to accept it. Too many people are so comfortable in their lives, in their church, and they don't want to here the truth...
But, I don't lose hope!!!! I KNOW WITH ALL MY HEART THAT GOD IS PREPARING PEOPLE FOR US TO TEACH!! We just have to work harder to find them!!! We have had lots of cool stuff happen this week and hey, remember that lady that hurt her back and we gave her a blessing last week?? Well, she is walking again!!!!! I truly testify of the power of the priesthood in our lives and I bear my solemn witness that priesthood blessings are from god to bless the lives of his children!!
OH YEAY!!!! WE BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!!!!

ok, so I am going to be honest. I have been pretty terrible about telling you guys when we have investigators, and when we are going to baptize. I will be quick! This lady's name is Concepcion Olvera and she is almost 80 years old! We found her about 3 weeks ago when we were talking to her daughter Soñia. They were both going to be baptized on saturday, but there was a little problem and we are focusing on soñia for one of the following weeks! These 2 ladies have fallen in love with the gospel and are such great people! They come to church each week and the first time we talked to them about the commandement to keep the sabbath day holy, they both said "no problem, we won't work until the afternoon on sunday!" I LOVE THESE LADIES. They are great and I know that they will be strong members. The baptism was great! We baptized as a zone, and 7 people were baptized! It is so exciting to see people be able to enter into the waters of baptism and leave chirldren of God! :) I love this "job" of being a missionary. We don't get paid, but we recieve a higher wage that most. I love the gospel with all my heart and know that if we follow it faithfully we will be happy and will be able to see the hand of God working in our life!!!
I don't know what else to put, but I love you all and I know without a doubt that this church is true. About the contact that I put up... I sent it by accident. I don't want you guys to judge the lady. it is not our place to judge the decisions of others. Please don't pay much attention to that. It is my fault for sending the mssage on accident. Please, use your own agency wisely and remember that god loves you!!!! Please, help the missionaries in your wards!!! I love you all and will talk to you guys this next week! Sorry that I haven't sent many pictures lately, but my memory card is full and my flashdrive has a virus. I don't want ot infect my photos so I will work on buying a new memory this week to help you guys know what's going on!
This church is true. The time of christ is definitely getting closer, and I know that if we work hard, then God will bless us with success. Everyone needs this gospel! Love you all again and hope everyone has a great week!!!!
Love Elder Norr :)

No comments:

Post a Comment