Friday, April 18, 2014

That was a surprise!!

So this week was crazy!!!! It was great, but there were also some challenges. First off, we did like 70 contacts this week and we had no new investigators... That was kinda lame, but it taught me something that really hit me: we can't do what we've always done, or we will only get what we've always got. God does bless is if we are diligent, but we need to be smart too and work to be better each and every day. Am I going to give up?? Uh.... NO!! Obviously these are just things that sometimes are going to happen on the mission. No big, I know that God will bless us as we strive to be better and we work diligently! :)
Ok, so I am not going to lie, it is getting so hot here!! We are only half way through april and it's alread between 80 and 90 everyday with like 45% humidity. Just to help you guys get the feel here's a description. We walk down the street and I jsut feel sticky sweaty nastiness. Does that bug me? Not really, but it is a little uncomfortable to enter into someones home sweating like a pig and smelling not so lovely... I have been told that between april, may, and a little bit of June is teh hottest time of teh year and then it starts to cool down a bit and rain everyday!! So excited for that!!!
This week is going to be a good one! First off, I don't know how, but I'm pregnant again!!! Yep! The assistants called me and told me that TOMORROW I will be expecting a newly arrived missionary from the MTC! I am so excited because the missionaries from the MTC have so much spirit and desire to work hard to serve the lord. I'm not sure what he is going to be like, but I know that God has prepared him for me, and me for him. I know that together we will be able to transform this area! I'm a little nervous, but I know that with lots of prayer and support from God, these next 2 cycles are going to be AWESOME!!!!!!
So, we have a baptism this next week! His name is Raymundo and he is a champ! He comes to church every week and he is 17. He comes to young men's and loves to be with the other young men! We just need to work on his mom and family! Also, we were walking by this guy that was fixing his micro (public transport bus thing). We stopped and started talking to him a little bit. He caught me attention cause when he said hi to us, he mentioned teh mission. Ok, lets talk to this guy!!! So we got talking to this guy and his name is Juan Carlos; he is awesome and about 14 years ago he listened to the missionaries with his family. We just got talking to him and I'm pretty sure this man is chosen! First off, he has already read the book of mormon 2 times!!!! He has ready Gospel Priciples a coupe of times and knows a ton! We have an appointment with him on thursday and I am really looking forward to it!
This week I have focused on living grateful... for everything! I'm not going to lie, it isn't easy all teh time, but at the end of the day it is worth it! Also, I have really come to an understanding of why kids become adults on their mission. We really do hear all about teh problems with families and what happens when people don't do what the leaders of the church tell us. I have come to 2 conclusions: 1) I WILL NOT GET MARRIED TO SOMEONE THAT IS NOT DEDICATED AND CEMENTED TO THE GOSPEL! 2) I will ALWAYS make time for my family, even when I am super busy! These 2 things really do damage if we are not careful. I know that God loves us and wants us to be happy with our families forever. We always need to look for ways to strengthen our family! I am so grateful for a family and friends that love and support me so much!
I don't think anything else really happened this week, but I know that lots of great stuff are going to happen in this next week! I love this Gospel and know it's true. Being a missionary is not always easy, but I can definitely testify that it is worth it. God truly does give us all teh tools, the only thing we need to do is USE THEM!!! I know that our saviour lives and that he loves us and that we need to live each day worthy of his atoning sacrifice! This next week is probably going to be a hot one, but i know that God is preparing people for us to meet! I love you all!! Please remember that! I love and pray for you guys and hope the best for each of you! Thank you for the support and I hope you all have an incredible week!!!!
Love Elder Norr

P.S. I didn't mention Elder Toxqui much! He has been such an awesome companion for me this cycle and he has definitely become one of my Carnales! He is so patient and I hope we can be companions later in my mission! We get along so great and we have never had an argument with ANYTHING. WE both love music and we were always singing stuff in teh streets! I am really going to miss him, but I know that my new son will be great too!

me and my comp with all the young men! 
Me and elder Toxqui! Elder Toxqui and I with Raymundo!

hey, I started buying stuff for you guys! Here are a couple things that I bought. Tell me if there are things like this that you would like!





No comments:

Post a Comment