Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Classic Rock and Penalties-3 Months Out

Well hello there Family, and all you other people who read my emails too... haha just kidding. I hope you are all having an incredible week because I know that I am. This week has been LOCO!!!! We don't just celebrate halloween. we celebrate 6 days of alters, and day of the day candies, breads, sugar skulls, and all that stuff. It was so different, but it was so incredible to see the culture that they have here and how they really get into it. 

First off, we got a ton of new investigators this week. We got 11!!!!! Yep. The lord is truly allowing us to teach 11 of his incredible children! We are so lucky! But it was also pretty sad because the 11 people are 3 families, and 2 or our appointments fell through... that sucked, but we will continue to pray for them because I know that they will progress in the gospel. 

I really can't explain how fast the time goes here. I swear. I go to write you guys, go to bed, and the next day.... I'm writing you guys again! it is just so weird how the more we work, the faster the time goes. 

Ok, so for the weird food... i don't think I have anything. yes mom. You are welcome :) but we did get SOOO MUCH FOOD! So many of the members gave us food, and it was soo good. I really am starting to eat a lot of food now. On sunday, we ate with Michael's house (our recent convert) and schaap ate 11 tacos (he played football for byu) and I ended up eating 13 TACOS! that's right! I ACT those tacos, and guess what??? Didn't get sick! Who's the man? ... no really. Who's the man? We need a new guy to teach haha 

Ok, so now that I talked about a lot of stuff already, I will now tell you why I titled my email "classic rock and penalties". First off, dad, I gotta give it to ya. You definitely got some good taste in music. I have noticed that all the songs that I just randomly sing or have stuck in my head are ALWAYS songs that we listened to when you were working out in the garage, or when we were riding in your car. I have developed a rather impressive air guitar solo that I randomly bust into as I think about a song and there is absolutely NO MUSIC ANYWHERE AROUND US haha. But also, not that you guys didn't already know this, but Mexican's love their soccer. So we just happened to walking past a nieve store. it's a lot like ice cream, but it has the texture of slightly freezer-burned ice cream. Who doesn't care. ME. I LOVE ICE CREAM! I NEED MY GALLON BACK!  but anyways, we were walking by, and the Mexico v. Brazil game was on, and it was already into the penalty kicks. Both teams had already went 6 and 6 and they were on the 7th PK. The mexican goalie blocked it. The ice cream shop got pretty excited. then the mexican player made his PK. Oh SHOOT! I have never felt so much energy anywhere. It was like the country shook with the raucous chants of spanish. and this one dude ran down the street while stripping in excitement. Actually that last part didn't happen, but he did run down the street and freak out. 

Sometimes in the scriptures when it describes the earth as feeling like it was going to part asunder, it really just meant that Mexico won an important Soccer game. yeah. it's that crazy!

I loved getting all of your emails this week, and I know that I didn't write a whole bunch this week, but this week wasn't too crazy. I did get to take a picture with an awesome altar (not sure if that's ok to say) and I got a HUGE BAG of cotton candy. The pictures will be on the blog, but I hope you are all doing incredible! This time really is flying, and before we know it, it will be christmas. One question. Please tell me there isn't anything perishable in the packages you guys sent me, because I am going to wait til christmas to open them. 

Anyways, I will end with my testimony. We taught about the anti-nefi-lehites this week, and I had never really got into it, but now that my spanish is better, I start getting really animated in my lessons. I just always read it and wonder how it is possible to have that much faith and conversion. they were willing to go to war, simply to meet their enemies while sitting on the ground praying. They truly were converted to the gospel. I know that we, each and every one of us has the ability to become as the anti-nefi-lehites, and that if we are willing to put our trust in god, he will never let us down, and will help us with moments that will help us strengthen our faith. This church really is true, and I know that for all the problems we have, God loves us and want to help us. I know that someday, we will all be together forever in happiness and peace with our father in heaven. I love you all, and hope you have and incredible week!

Love Elder Nathan Norr :)



No comments:

Post a Comment