Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Definitely NOT feeling 20... I'm OLD!‏

Well, I am officially not an adolescent.... this is weird. I don't think I have ever used the word adolescent instead of teenager either haha This week was SOOOOOOOOO FASSST. I honestly cannot believe how fast the mission has been going lately. I wonder if life from now on will always be going this fast? 

This week, on my birthday, I recieved a new companion and we are now in a trio! It's different to teach and you can't just talk in between two people to resolve an issue, but we are trying to work it out. Lots of guys trying to do the best they can with different ideas, characters, and experiences definitely makes it interesting sometimes haha 

This week we got to go and see quite a few less actives, and we had to go to Polanco (the fresh part of town) to get a couple of green cards. We went with a brother in our ward and being as my new companion is very open and strong about things, we just got straight into the issue of how long and why he had fallen away from the church. He hasn't went to church in 20 years, and it was for a very dumb reason. You could just feel the resentment in the room as we tried to help this man understand that God has not abandoned him and that he needed to be more patient and be willing to act. It was not easy. There were many things said that literally just left a mark in my brain. As representatives of christ we promised this man, and said the things that needed to be said, and in the end, he allowed us to set another appointment to go back this next saturday. I'm excited for that! :)

Writer's block.... Don't think the email is going to be very long today.... haha
Wait, I got one more story! So, My father in the mission, Elder Lugo, has officially went back home. Elder Schaap (asistent and brother)  and I decided we wanted to go with him to the airport to see him off. We get there, and all (word of your choice) breaks loose. Elders have expired passports,their baggage is overweight, etc. So I am left alone with 25 minutes to get 2 dominicans on their plane. One had an expired passport and needed a sheet of paper from the offices and the other is overweight by almost 30 pounds on one of his bags.,..... UGHHHHH! So I call the other secretaries and I tell them to get in the closest taxi and book it over to the airport in whatever clothing they had on. I see them, run across some of the airport to grab the paper, and sprint back to the airport guy to get one of the Elders on his flight. I give it to him...... the flight had been closed 3 MINUTES before..... dang it! The other Elder also missed the same flight because he didn't want to shave off the last pound or 2 from his bag by throwing out something worthless. Luckily we got them on a later flight and they still got home safe! :) MOM, DAD, just remind me later that if that happens to me, to just leave my luggage and get on the plane! I love my family sooo much!

We are trying to work hard. We are doing our best to be obedient. I cannot believe that in less than 4 months I will be back home. The mission has really gone by sooo fast; life has gone by soo fast. Cherish the moments you have, even when they kinda suck. God just finds it necessary to try our faith, and especially our patience sometimes. he won't leave us though. He is like a parent teaching his child to swim. He lets go sometimes, lets us flail, and sometimes we are going to go under water, but he will NEVER let us drown. He is there for us. We may come out choking and scared, but we will ALWAYS make it out if we trust in him! He loves us. Christ come to this world to save us! Let us learn to lean on him at all times! This is my testimony and I share it with you all in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have an excellent week!
Elder Norr
Dear Norr Family,

I was in the Mexico City Southeast mission a week ago and I met your son. He seems like a very nice missionary. He was not in his mission clothes that day because he wasn't feeling well.  I thought you might like a picture of him at the desk where he does his work. My son returned from the mission in October and we were visiting the mission last week. I hope this brightens up your day. 

Linda Burt

Letter to Mom
Hey mama! Thanks for the email mom! I love you soo much! I really appreciate you! I never really knew how awesome it was to be around loving people who are kinda like you and like some of the same things and have been taught the same things until I got out here on the mission with people who definitely have not learned what I have been taught in my life. It's hard sometimes being pacient with immature, rude people, including elders. I'm grateful that you and dad always taught me how to try to be courteous and kind. I am definitely working on that now! haha How has maddy been doing? Haven't heard from her in a little while. We will get Joe back mom. We just gotta do our best and let the Lord work in HIS time. I was reading today and I learned something important. Bueno, I learned  something that was really cool. 1) There are thousands of people who can know the truth of the gospel if they only want to. Those people do not depend on us to receive an answer, but they depend on us to teach them how to receive an answer. Just keep being your great loving self mom. Be an example, and the Lord will touch others hearts! :) How is dad? Do you think he will be released before I get back? If there is anything I can do, just let me know! :) I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment