Tuesday, September 9, 2014

13 Months Out...Building up to Saturday

Hola guapos! Como estàis? Espero que todos estèn bien! Esta semana estuvo CHIDA!!!!!!
Well, how do we start things off. I will probably put in some random stuff that doesn't make sense, but it will all fall into place at the end. Sale? Ok, so this week has really been a week of small miracles that have been given to us from a loving father in heaven. We started this week without investigators, and we haven't had investigators that have progressed in almost 10 weeks... Pues, NI MODO! We stacked tuesday with 8 set appointment with potential new investigators to go teach! They all fell through.... We stacked wednesday with another 8 set appointments to find some new investigators... they all fell through... Thursday we had 1... nope. Friday we hade like 4 or 5.... nope. Saturday!
Backstory: So we went with the familia Mendoza to visit on Monday night. We shared a spiritual message and then they invited us to eat dinner with them. we ate ham and cheese sandwhiches with onion, tomato, mayonaise, and cheese, DELICIOUS, and very popular here. They had one of their daughter's friends over to do math homework named "rubi". I helped the girls with their math homework while we were eating our sandwhiches.
ok, so saturday we had 4 plans to find new investigators. One of which was "javier". We contacted him friday night and he told us to come over saturday at 10 in the morning. DEAL! Alli estamos! We get up on saturday, and everything was normal, but I just had a weird feeling, wasn't sure why, but i did. We called Javier about 9:40 to see if he would be home. yep! Sweet! We did our hair, put on our shoes and left. We get to his house. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.... no one. Again, KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, but again, no one. This guy comes walking up the street smokin (not javier) and asks us who we are and what we were doing. I replied that we were missionaries and that this man had asked us to swing by to share a message of god. He just keeps talking to us for a minute, and I just decide to contact him, give him a plan of salvation pamphlet, and invite him to read it.
Long story short, this guy tells us some pretty strange stuff, and it just never really clicked that this guy wanted to rob us... I finally just leaned into him and asked "are you trying to rob us? do you want our money?" 
Just so turns out that he did. So I gave him our phone and the 20 pesos I had in my pocket and he took harpers watch and wallet (which included his idaho driver's license, his mexico identification, his temple recommend, his insurance card from home, and his missionary insurance card). I told the man to have a nice day and we kept knocking on Javier's door. he didn't ever come out. Elder Harper and I were laughing that i had to ask the guy if he was robbing us, and it was really calm. Nothing happened. we are completely ok, and we kept working like normal. But then I asked harper what he had in his wallet. he told me. OH NO. So, we just happened to be on the other side of our area and swung by the store to break a bill we had to have some change for the day. We looked around for a minute and then went to check out. We were checking out when rubi (the little girl from monday night) comes up behind Harper and taps him on the arm. We turn around and in Rubi's hand are harper's things from his wallet! MIRACLE ALERT! We got robbed on the completely other side of our area, but this little girl and her mom just so happened to find harper's things thrown on the street and then they ran into us. harper had told me that he prayed, and IT WAS ANSWERED! 
So, we went to eat tacos with the same familia mendoza from monday because they have a breakfast taco stand. We went to english class at the church and then went to wash a dog! The little girls in this family are so cute, and when i took out the camera to take a picture with them, the 2 that are always pretty rambuncious and fighting started posing! (i will send a picture) So, the rest of our new investigators on saturday fell through until we got to our last appointment at about 8 with a lady named "lluvia". She ACCEPTED THE BAPTISMAL INVITATION! WE HAVE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WEDNESDAY AT 7:30!  I am SO HAPPY! This week was just so full of little miracles and fun experiences, including getting robbed. I am ready for another great week!
I really do knowt hat this church is true. I can't believe that I already have 13 months! The time really has went so fast. I testify that my redeemer lives, and that he stands at the head of HIS church: The church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints! I know the book of mormon is true and I know that it holds of special message for each and every one of us each time we upen its pages! I truly do love my family and I know that we will be together forever! Thank you for all that you guys do for me!
have an awesome week!
Love Elder Nathan Norr
us with them and the dog we washed!
us with them and the dog we washed!
a couple shots of the area.

The huge mexico flag that harper bought on thursday because independence day is next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment