Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Week 6!‏

Hello everyone, I hope you guys are all doing well! This week is going by sooooo fast! The mission is literally starting to just feel like a dream. This week has been awesome so far! We had almost all of our investigators come to church with us this week, which was awesome! However, the familia acosta velazco didn't get baptized. When we went to the public registry (judge's office) Hermana Guadelupe didn't have a curp (kinda like a social security) and turns out, she doesn't even exist in the system.... :/ So, they couldn't get married, but they have already tramitted another curp and they are going to get married tomorrow at 2! Please pray for them! They are sooooo great!

So, I think it is time for me to take my anti-paracite booster again (it says to take it once, and then again in a month to kill the strong bugs) because I think in the last couple of days I have dropped like 3 pounds... But no big. We went to walmart, and the solution to 3 pound weight loss is.... ICE CREAM! So we are on our way back from walmart, and we have the big recyclable bags. I have everything from a gallon of milk to eggs to juice to fruit to body wash in my bag. I change shoulders and after a little while I here something pop (something in the bag, not my shoulders haha) I had the ice cream on my hip since we left walmart so when my hip started getting colder I didn't really pay much attention. We get back home, and go up to the kitchen, I put the bag down on the table, and reach inside for the stuff. ICE CREAM! It had popped the top on the ice cream and compressed the container so that quite a bit of it was squished out and on my other groceries... Oh man....... Not to mention the giant ice-cream stain that I found on my left hip. So that's why it was sooo cold.....

In the area we have been doing really well! We have had the chance to go looking for most of the less actives in the ward. It is so sad when you get there, and they tell you "them? They haven't lived here for over 2 years." These baptized members of the church just disappear until someone someday says something that will get the "I was baptized into the lds church" comment out of them by surprise. But nonetheless, we have been working hard. It hasn't rained as much lately either. We are working on a project that is called "mil vidas en cien dias" (1000 lives in 100 days) It includes each companionship choosing 10 families in their area/ward and then working with the ward to make sure that those 10 families get/stay converted and active for the rest of their lives. It is a good project, and even though my companion and I are starting a little late, we are trying hard to get into a little more action with our ward with regards to this activity.

I learned a very important lesson in the last week. The truth, it was pretty rough, maybe not on a physical level, but on an emotional, mental, spiritual scale, it was tough. Sometimes we want to make it sound like it is just great all the time, but it's not easy. I didn't really have tons of ganas (i don't really know the best word for that in english; it's like desire) I was doing the things that I should. Reading, praying, teaching, financial stuff, but I didn't feel good. I prayed and prayed that God would help me have ganas. I looked in the scriptures hoping to find some cool scripture that would motivate me. I read a lot. I prayed a lot too. But I didn't find what I was looking for. I finally one night realized something. God doesn't always just give us more strength. He doesn't just give us the scripture that motivates us always. Sometimes it is our own responsability to make a conscious effort to feel better and be better. I wasn't reading different things than before. I hadn't stopped praying. But I was different. I looked at everything from a different perspective than normal. I finally decided that I was going to wake up the next morning and try. I was determined to not have another day that I didn't want to have. God always gives us the signs, but sometimes it is our perspective of the signs that either keeps us going up the right path, or starts us going on the wrong path. We need to want to see the good in the world that God gives us. 

My companion found this video and I think it would be cool for you guys to see.


Life really is a great gift. We have truly been blessed with so many talents and abilites. God knows our true potential, and through the atonement of his son Jesus Christ we may someday return to his presence. I hope we can all understand and appreciate that. Thank you all so much for what you do! I hope you have a great week!

Elder Norr

No comments:

Post a Comment