Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week in a minute... literally!‏

This week has wen't SOOOO FAST! I swear I was writing you guys yesterday! This week has been awesome, but like normal, it has had its ups and downs. To start off we found 7 new investigators this week: Martin, Carlos, Gilberty, Juana, Silvia, Jose, and Ester. They are in 2 groups of 3 and a man. They are awesome, but they are having a hard time committing to things and reallying jumping into the truth of this message... We were really excited for Sunday, but when we went by to pick everyone up, no one was going.... :/ None of our investigators went to church this week.... but that's ok, we are going to focus on the importance of the church this week to help these incredible people understand the importance of going to the house of the Lord each sunday.
Ummmm... This week has been pretty exhausting. We have done 15 contacts everyday and we have been really striving to have 9 lessons everyday! But we had lots of great experiences this week! One of which I will never forget. We were walking down the street, and I thought we should knock this door. I tell my son, Elder Cuscagua to start off. The door opens "hey we're representatives of......" Door closes... hard... My son turns to me like a deer in the headlights and doesn't know what to think. Then he starts to laugh and I told him that now he knows what it feels like sometimes to be a missionary. But other than that guy, we found lots of people who expressed interest in hearing this message. We have been focusing on making a plan for the contacts. A scripture from the bible to help people understand a little bit of what we're saying and then a testimony about the restored gospel...WORKS!!!
Everyone is talking about easter. I honestly didn't know that yesterday was easter... I know what day it is, but not the date. I have to ask someone if I want to know the date because time goes SO FAST!

I have been really focusing on my dependence on the Lord this week. I find that lots of times when things start getting hard, I just put my head down and think I have to truck through it. THAT IS NOT THE CASE! We, as the Lord's children, have the right to his help when we live worthily. I have really been trying hard to not think about what Elder Norr would do, but rather what Christ would have me do. I can honestly say that this week has been one of the happiest weeks of my mission and I have loved walking on the streets letting people know about this message!
I can truly testify that God loves us and he is there to support us in our trials. He wants us to be happy and helps us know how through scripture study, prayer, the holy ghost, the prophet, the ensign.... EVERYTHING. God has given us EVERYTHING to help us be happy, and we need to learn how to do those things. I know that God lives and that this is his church and his Gospel. I know that if we need help, we get on our knees, and then our feet, and God prepares the path. I love this Gospel and I love being a missionary! It truly helps me understand not only the spiritual stuff (which is incredible) but also the temporal stuff including what type of man I want to be. I know this work is a call from God to each and every one of us, and we need to answer that call with diligent service and obedience.
I love you all, and hope you have an awesome week!!!
Love Elder Norr
didn't take too many pictures this week..

No comments:

Post a Comment